Here at Superior Eye we do our best to help you figure out your insurance benefits. With the new Health care reform act there are more insurance policies available than we can keep track of! If you are unsure about your insurance benefits we recommend you call the customer service number on the back of your ID card and ask if you have any routine benefits on your policy, who that policy is through, and what your benefits are. If you have this information ahead of time it makes check-in more efficient, and you won’t be surprised to find out what your benefits are, or that we are not covered in your network.
Some common Vision plans are:
- Vision Service Plan (VSP) *
- Vision Care Direct (VCD)
- Met Life Vision
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Vision
- Heritage Vision
- SET/SEG Vision insurance
- Medicaid **
- Upper Peninsula Health Plan **
- Superior Vision Services (SVS)
- MiChild **
Out of Network
- Always Vision Care ***
- Eye Med ***
- Davis Vision ***
- Spectera ***
- Blue View Vision ***
- United Health Care Vision ***
*We do not carry Otis and Piper Frames
** We carry the frames selection that is included with this type of insurance
*** We offer in-house discounts for out of network insurances and will help you file your out of network claim so that you will be re-reimbursed for your purchases and your insurance will pay you!
We accept most medical insurance policies however some policies have restrictions for provider types. We again encourage you to call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card to find out if we are in network and to see if your insurance covers an Optometrist. We most often have no issues with medical insurances but there are a few things you should be aware of.
- It is your responsibility to know if you have a medical deductible to meet at the beginning of each year or not.
- There are Co-pays associated with medical billing, try to find this out ahead of time so that you are not surprised.
- Medical insurance can be billed if you are having a medical complaint like:
- Dry eyes
- History of eye issues like Glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts
- Blurred vision
Please don’t hesitate to call us or email us if you have any questions regarding your insurance. Grace at Extension 223 is an insurance wizard and can answer most questions quickly and efficiently in words that you can understand.